Sussex Cold Weather Alert level 3 – ACTION
A Cold Weather Alert at level 3 (action) has been extended for the South East area until 09:00 on Thursday 14 Dec as there continues to be a 90% probability of severe cold weather, icy conditions and snow through until then, says West Sussex County Council. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services.
If you know or look after someone you may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well and check in advance that they are prepared for this cold spell.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
- Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C
- Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert theemergency services.
Met Office – Cold Weather Alert
PHE cold weather website
For health impacts of all hazards please see: